Genepro Solves The Problem Many Of Us Struggle With: Getting Enough Protein
The general recommendation of daily protein intake is 0.6g for each lbs you weigh. The problem though is that too many of our standard protein sources are loaded with fat, cholesterol, sodium, and empty calories.
The challenge of getting enough protein is made even more difficult for certain groups of people. For example, post-op bariatric patients require far more. And with those with digestive issues, traditional whey protein can make things worse.
When we noticed many patients liking our product, we felt confident continue improving the digestibility of GENEPRO.
Bulksupplementscom Whey Protein Isolate Powder 90% Protein Powder Women Iso Whey Protein Powder Whey Protein Powder Unflavored Whey Protein Isolate Whey Protein
- Aids Muscle Recovery* Whey protein isolate, an unflavored whey protein powder, is a very rich source of protein that may support muscle growth and aid in the recovery of exhausted muscles after anaerobic exercise.
- Supports Muscle Growth* Whey protein isolate, as part of a balanced diet, helps to build lean body mass.
- Free Of Soy Whey protein isolate, a protein powder without artificial sweeteners, contains no soy and perfect for people with soy allergy! The powder is very fine and mixes well with any liquid.
Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein Powder
- Packaging May Vary New look, with the same trusted quality.
- GOLD STANDARD 100% WHEY BLEND 24g blended protein consisting of whey protein isolate, whey protein concentrate, and whey peptides to support lean muscle mass they dont call it the GOLD STANDARD of quality for nothing.
- OVER 5G OF BCAAS help build lean and strong muscles with naturally occurring BCAAs
- 3-4G CARBS, 1-3G SUGAR, AND 1-1.5G FAT, GLUTEN FREE, No Sucralose in Double Rich Chocolate Flavor
- INSTANTIZED improves mixability to prevent lumps and clumps
- BANNED SUBSTANCE TESTED highest quality control measures so you feel comfortable and safe consuming the product.
- 4 SIZES TO CHOOSE FROM 1, 2, 5, and 10-pound options available
- OVER 20 DECADENT FLAVORS TO CHOOSE FROM
- ANY-TIME FORMULA great before or after exercise, between meals, with a meal, or any time of day where you need extra protein in your nutrition.
- Most Awarded, Best-Selling Whey Protein Powder On The Planet.
Also Check: Cholesterol In Protein Shakes
Is Unflavored Whey Better
Definitely. Unflavored anything is better, in my opinion. This gives you a chance to get all the nutrition you need without anything interfering. It also cuts your carbs and sugar intake significantly. Moreover, it also allows your protein powder to be more versatile. Allowing you to add it to a variety of food and beverages.
Isopure Unflavored Whey Protein Isolate Powder
Another protein powder for a sugarfree protein shake, this flavorless protein powder has only protein calories in it, and it is one of the few powders of such high quality. There are only two ingredients in it. Whey protein isolate and Soy lecithin.
There are zero carbs and zero fat in it. An only high-quality protein source that provides 25 grams of protein per serving to help promote muscle growth.
An excellent powder for people using it for weight loss. It is beneficial to people who are monitoring their calorie consumption. Literally zero calories from fat or carbs.Except for this, it has only 7% of Sodium and 6% of Calcium of daily requirement.
Also Check: 21 Day Fix Shakeology Alternatives
Can I Mix Protein Powder With Coffee
Is it possible to mix protein powder with coffee? The short answer is sort of. First, we should clarify why you would want to do this. Some people believe that protein powder provides more satiety than solid food. Therefore, they feel that mixing casein protein powder with coffee helps them achieve a more satisfied feeling. This may be true for a small percentage of people, but there is absolutely no proof for this being true for the vast majority of people. Secondly, if you do opt to mix protein powder with coffee, its probably a good idea to avoid dumping protein powder in the cup with sunflower lecithin. This will cause the protein to be mixed with the coffee instead of a perfect blend with the coffee.
This isnt a difficult concept to understand, but I think its worth reiterating. The best way to eat protein is to mix it into a cup of coffee. If you try to take a protein powder straight out of the pouch and pour it into your coffee, youll end up with way too much protein that will get mixed with the coffee instead of being perfectly mixed. To be fair, this can also be done with dry ice and liquids. For example, if you mix dry ice into water, you can put the dry ice in the coffee to dissolve. Then, you can pour the water into the dry ice.
How To Choose A Best
Shereen Lehman, MS, is a healthcare journalist and fact checker. She has co-authored two books for the popular Dummies Series .
Our editors independently research, test, and recommend the bestproducts, and articles are reviewed by healthcare professionals for medical accuracy. Youcan learn more about ourreview process here.We may receive commissions on purchases made from our chosen links.
Verywell / Chloe Jeong
Whether you’re looking to increase your protein intake or supplement your workouts, protein powder is a convenient way to add protein to your diet. However, some protein powders are chalky, overly sweet, artificial-tasting, or just plain gross. Because taste perception and flavor preference are so individual, you might need to taste a few to find what works best for you.
Registered Dietitian, Tracy Lockwood Beckerman, MS, RD notes, “When choosing a protein powder thats right for you, its important to find one that your body digests well. Although it may taste great, some ingredients like sugar alcohol or unnecessary additives can aggravate the gastrointestinal system and cause bloat, gas, or abdominal discomfort.” She recommends sampling different powders and testing for tolerance before investing in an entire container.
You May Like: Can I Buy Premier Protein Shakes With Food Stamps
Naked Whey 5lb 100% Grass
NAKED WHEY is best if you want something completely pure, raw, and effective. Its ideal if you want something that is all-natural, with an incredibly short ingredient list.
Seriously, theres only one ingredient: 100% all-natural GMO-free, non-enhanced pure whey protein sourced from only the finest grass-fed dairy cows.
This means its not only sustainable, but youre getting something wholesome for your overall wellness. After all, who doesnt want the best source of protein?
Heres what caught my eye:
Cold Processed and Uncontaminated normally the difference, whey protein is hot processed. What sets this product apart is the fact that it is cold processed, so youre guaranteed that it isnt contaminated with any chemicals like acid and bleach. Its also free from synthetic additives and heavy metals. This process also allows the whey protein to keep its naturally-occurring growth factors, which rules out the need for the more controversial soy growth protein.
120 calories per scoop
- Sustainably sourced from USDA-certified grass-fed cows
- Does not contain any artificial hormones
- Does not contain any additives
- 25 grams of protein p/s
- 5.9 grams of essential amino acids per serving
- Free from artificial flavors, sweeteners
- Doesnt mix easily
Down Goes The Protein Percentage
Most of the time whey protein powders are flavored. Typically a contract supplement manufacturer will add flavoring to the whey protein powder to make it taste like a milkshake. I have written an article about protein powders and milkshakes that you can read here. But adding flavoring to a protein powder means, whey protein needs to be removed to make room for the flavoring.
Here is a popular chocolate whey protein powder.
If you divide the protein grams by the serving size grams it calculates to 0.72 or 72%. Therefore, 28% of this protein powder is garbage and you are paying for this flavoring!
Now here is another protein powder, but this is an unflavored protein powder.
If you divide the protein grams by the serving size grams you get 0.90 or 90% protein. As you can see the unflavored protein powder gives you almost 20% more protein per serving. You are not paying for flavoring.
You May Like: Shakeology Vs Premier Protein
Where To Buy Unflavored Protein Powder
You could spend hours comparing the many protein powders available, even if you’ve narrowed your search down to unflavored options. It’ll help if you know what to look out for. To choose one of the best unflavored protein powder options, Shapiro suggests keeping the following in mind:
- The best options use organic, minimally-processed, and well-sourced ingredients. “By well-sourced I mean making sure it is grass-fed, lead-free, made from clean ingredients from trusted manufacturers and farms, etc.,” says Shapiro.
- Double check on the ingredient list that it only contains the type of protein you’re intending to consume .
- Avoid soy additions like soy lecithin. Soy is inflammatory for many people and the form in powders tends to be highly processed, says Shapiro.
- Some brands rely heavily on fillers and emulsifiers, which are ingredients that enhance texture and prevent clumping. Err on the side of a short ingredient list and a high amount of protein per serving. Keep in mind vegan protein sources are automatically going to be lower in protein by volume compared to animal-based protein.
With that all in mind, here are some of the best unflavored protein powders:
Best Unflavored Protein Powder
There are many different sources of protein. This is why it can be difficult to pinpoint which one youd like to try. If were talking unflavored, that narrows it down some. But if youre working towards a goal such as losing or gaining weight, the decision is much easier.
Take a look at seven of the best-unflavored protein powders in the market today:
Sugar Free Portein Powder
The unflavored protein powder without artificial sweeteners and flavors is a more flexible alternative that may save you time and money. We all have different objectives, health concerns, preferences, and allergies, but we all want a quality protein supplement.
Unflavored whey has some appealing features. But, in the end, its up to you. Unflavored whey protein powder is the way to go if you want to control what you put in your body, have taste diversity, and the degree of sweetness you want.
Unflavored Vs Flavored Protein Powders: Which To Pick
Unflavored vs Flavored Protein Powders: Which to pick?
As you look through the enormous selection of protein powders on the market, one of the many choices that youre going to have to make is flavor. Protein powders can be designed to taste like birthday cake, fruit cereal, plain old vanilla and many other options. Or, you can pick up an unflavored protein powder, as well. These are usually higher in quality because they have nothing masking them.
But, why would anyone want a flavorless protein powder? What are the advantages to unflavored protein powders? And most importantly, which is best for your overall health and longevity?
Below, we weigh the strengths and weaknesses of flavored vs unflavored protein powders.
If your only concern is Convenience, Choose Flavored Protein Powder.. and reprioritize your concerns!
Convenience is the only reason for choosing a flavored protein powder. If you want your protein shake to have a specific taste or just dont enjoy the idea of a flavorless liquid snack, then a flavored protein powder would be the easy option.
Of course, you could still blend in other ingredients too, if you wanted to add some depth. We all know that the flavorings in protein powders are not put in with our health in mind.
We love using a blender for our shakes, but a shaker cup would do just as well.
Do You Want Adaptability/Versatility? Choose Unflavored Protein Powder
Do You Want to Use it for Cooking? Choose Unflavored Protein Powder
Recommended Reading: Can Premier Protein Help You Lose Weight
Comparison Chart For Best Flavorless Protein Powder
Weve scanned 56018 reviews for you. If you are looking for the Flavorless Protein Powder than this review article may help you.
|Garden of Life Raw Organic Protein Unflavored Powder||9.6|
|2||BulkSupplements.com Whey Protein Isolate Powder 90% – Protein Powder Women – ISO Whey Protein Powder – Whey Protein Powder Unflavored – Whey Protein Isolate – Whey Protein||9.4|
|3||Collagen Peptides Powder for Women – Grass Fed Hydrolyzed Collagen Powder for Healthy Hair Skin Nails and Joints – Keto & Paleo Friendly Flavorless Powder – Packaging May Vary – Sheer Strength Labs||9.4|
|4||BulkSupplements.com Whey Protein Concentrate – Whey Protein Powder – Protein Powder Unflavored – Low Calorie Protein Powder – Protein Powder for Muscle Gain||9|
|5||BulkSupplements.com Casein Protein Powder – Low Carb Protein Powder – Paleo Protein Powder – Flavorless Protein Powder – Clean Protein||8.8|
|Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein Powder||8.8|
|Isopure Whey Isolate Protein Powder with Vitamin C & Zinc for Immune Support||8.6|
|Orgain Organic Unflavored Plant Based Protein Powder||8.4|
Bulksupplementscom Casein Protein Powder Low Carb Protein Powder Paleo Protein Powder Flavorless Protein Powder Clean Protein
- Slow Absorption Rate Casein protein, is a slow digesting protein.
- Essential Amino Acids One serving of casein, protein powder unflavored contains all nine essential amino acids, including branched-chain amino acids .
- Muscle Recovery After strenuous physical activity, muscles may experience microtrauma due to damage from lactic acid buildup or other factors.
- Supports Healthy Weight* Casein powder is often used to help maintain weight in individuals and may help to support a faster metabolic rate while sleeping.
- Muscle Growth* The protein casein is a slow-digesting protein that can help you build muscle and recover faster.
Don’t Miss: Which Milk Has The Most Protein
Bulksupplementscom Whey Protein Concentrate Whey Protein Powder Protein Powder Unflavored Low Calorie Protein Powder Protein Powder For Muscle Gain
- Aids Muscle Recovery* Whey Protein Concentrate, a weight gain powder, is a protein supplement that may aid in muscle recovery after strenuous exercise.
- Muscle Growth Whey Protein Concentrate, a keto protein powder, is widely used in the athletic and bodybuilding communities to support muscle growth when used in conjunction with exercise.
- Soy Free This Whey Concentrate, or a protein shake powder, is free of soy, fillers, additives and flavors, and is a lean protein powder that has been used for muscle growth and recovery.
- Made In USA Our Unflavored Whey Protein powder is made in the USA.
How To Use Unflavored Protein Powder
Once you’re familiar with how much protein you should eat in a day, you can start getting creative with your recipes. Smoothies and shakes are the obvious choices, but you’re not limited to sweet drinks when it comes to adding a scoop of protein powder. Because unflavored protein powder isn’t sweet, it’s more versatile. While you’d probably never dream of sprinkling Fruity Pebbles-flavored protein powder into a savory recipe, unflavored protein powder is more neutral. Garlic bread, fried chicken, homemade pastathe possibilities are endless.
Keep in mind that just because it’s flavorless doesn’t mean it tastes like air. Rather, unflavored protein powder tends to have a bit of a nutty taste and/or grainy textureboth of which can easily be masked with ingredients such as nut butters, fruits, cacao, or herbs if you’re not a fan. If you’re skeptical, Shapiro recommends adding small amounts of the powder and increasing the amounts until you’re used to the flavor.
Don’t Miss: Is Special K Protein Shake Healthy
Plantfusion Complete Protein Unflavored Vegan Protein Powder
Certified Non-GMO, Gluten-Free, and Vegan Protein Powder. It does not include dairy, soy, whey, rice, eggs, fish, tree nuts, shellfish, artificial flavors, or colors.
The fine source plant-based protein powder for men and women has 21g of plant-based protein from peas, artichokes, algae, and organic superfoods. Complete protein mix with amino acids. The only plant protein powder that compares to whey.
This sugar free protein powder contains digestive enzymes. Consumers regularly rate it as one of the finest-tasting protein shakes. Thirty healthy, delicious servings per 2 lb tub. This products components seem to be carefully chosen. Even when an item is chosen for a practical reason like mixability, it has nutritional value.
This product does not include any cautions made on equipment that may have processed allergens. However, because PlantFusion exclusively utilizes its technology to create vegan goods that are hypoallergenic, this is the case. So this is the best option if you want to avoid allergens.
A complete protein is a vegan protein with high protein content and low carbohydrate and fat. This protein is a great all-arounder.
It is not the cheapest vegan product available, but it is of excellent quality and efficacy. This products mixability scored highly. It mixes better than other plant protein products weve tested, and it, coupled with the taste, made for a silky texture.
My Flavourless Protein Powder Experience:
I have been consuming protein powder for around fifteen years now. I remember when I was in university, I had a friend who was able to purchase a massive bulk order of plain unflavored whey protein, directly from the farm because of some research he was doing. He allowed me to purchase some of the protein. It was super affordable, and completely unsweetened and tasteless protein powder. I enjoyed this raw unsweetened whey protein powder because it could be mixed in my cereal, used in shakes, or mixed into pancakes.
Read Also: Special K Protein Cereal Healthy