Original Refrigerated Protein Bars By Perfect Bar
This bar is rich on taste, because it’s made with honey and nut butters, but you need to refrigerate it. It stays good for one week out of the fridge. What it lacks in convenience, it makes up for in taste. It’s creamy, crunchy, and reminiscent of cookie dough. Which makes sense, given how high it is in sugar and fat. Nutritional info varies bar to bar, so you’ll want to check the online label for each flavor. Protein: 17 grams Sugar: 18 grams Fiber: four grams Fat: 18 grams Carbs: 26 grams Calories: 330.
What Is The Pure Protein Bar’s Nutrition
On average, Pure Protein Bars have the following nutrition information:
- Calories: 200, on average
- Sugar: 2 to 4 grams
- Fiber: 1 to 7 grams
As a meal replacement or post-exercise recovery snack, the 20 grams of protein is adequate for many people, although individuals with higher calorie needs, high training volumes and/or looking to gain weight may require more protein.
The modest amount of total carbohydrate and minimal sugar is appealing. It is important to differentiate between naturally occurring sugar, like that which occurs in dairy and fruit, for example, and refined sugar that is highly processed with little nutritional value. The minimal amount of refined sugar in these bars is definitely a selling point.
The nutrient composition of this bar makes it a good option for a snack and even a meal, if combined with additional food, like fruit. However, the low fiber content across most of the bars is less than ideal , and while the composition of carb, fat, and protein is reasonable, these bars do contain common allergens, like dairy and soy, so they would not be a good option for those with sensitivities or allergies to these ingredients.
When Should I Eat Protein Bars
No matter what fitness gossip you hear in the weight room, its not necessary to gulp down a particular amount of protein within three and a half minutes of leaving the gym. Nutrient timing is largely individualized the infamous post-anabolic workout window wont slam shut if you dont consume your protein within an hour of finishing your workout.
That said, your workout schedule might prevent you from being able to eat a full meal within a few hours of training. Or, you might just like having a protein bar on hand especially if you travel around a lot during the day, or train early in the morning on an empty stomach. In those cases, you can eat protein bars when your body feels like you need them. You wont jeopardize your gains by not wolfing it down immediately after a sweat session.
Also Check: Protein Powder Vs Shakeology
What’s In A Pure Protein Bar
Pure Protein bars get their protein from several different sources:
- dairy protein, which includes milk protein isolate, whey protein isolate, whey protein concentrate, and casein
- soy protein isolate
- collagen, listed as hydrolyzed collagen or hydrolyzed gelatin
While there is a small amount of sugar used in these bars , the majority of this comes from the carbs naturally occurring in the various dairy products and the chocolate coating used in many of the bars. Other carbs are from sugar alcohols .
The bars generally contain only a few grams of fat that comes from the nut products used in some bars , and various oils, including palm kernel, canola, and peanut.
In addition to the calorie-containing ingredients, these bars are also fortified with vitamins and minerals, like calcium, vitamin A, potassium, and zinc, to name a few.
Macrobar Organic Vegan Protein Bars By Gomacro
From a mother and daughter-run company, these protein bars are made from plant-based ingredients that will fill you up. These protein bars are organic, gluten-free, vegan, and soy-free. They have 12 grams of protein that comes from peas and brown rice. All of the ingredients are sustainably grown, and you can choose from 14 flavors. Nutritional info varies bar to bar, so you’ll want to check the online label for each flavor. Protein: 12 grams Sugar: 11 grams Fiber: 2 grams Fat: 10 grams Carbs: 34 grams Calories: 270.
You May Like: Protein Shake Cholesterol
Who Should Buy Nicks Keto Snack Bar
- If youre adhering to a keto diet, it can be hard to find a protein bar that satisfies your requirements but with four net grams of carbs and 10 grams of fat per bar, these have got your back.
- Athletes who want to eat protein bars with lower calorie counts will appreciate that these bars have between 160 and 190 calories, depending on the flavor.
- When you dont want any added sugars in your protein bar, youll be happy to know that the two grams of sugar in these bars dont come from added sources.
Who Shouldnt Buy NICKs Keto Snack Bar
- Athletes looking for a higher carb content in their protein bars might want more than the four net grams of carbs in these.
- People who prefer whey protein isolate instead of concentrate might want something different than the milk protein concentrate and whey protein concentrate in these bars.
When youre trying to eat keto while also fueling your workouts, Nicks Keto Snack Bar comes through with only four net grams of carbs, 10 grams of fat, and 14 grams of protein.
Whey Protein Recover Bars By Gatorade
These protein bars contain a whopping 20 grams of whey and milk protein. These bars are meant for serious workouts and are eaten by NFL athletes. They’re loaded with protein, but are also heavy on the sugar. Still, they’re one of the most delicious protein bars you can buy, both in terms of flavor and texture. Nutritional info varies bar to bar, so you’ll want to check the online label for each flavor. Protein: 20 grams Sugar: 29 grams Fiber: 2 grams Fat: 13 grams Carbs: 41 grams Calories: 350
Don’t Miss: 21 Day Fix Shakeology Alternatives
Who Should Buy Epic Bars
- Any person who prefers low-carb levels will like that these bars only have between one and eight grams of carbohydrates.
- People who like animal meat will appreciate that these are made from a variety of different animal meats.
- Most flavors of EPIC bars have zero grams of sugar, and the most theyll have is six grams so if youre looking to keep your sugar levels low, these bars have got your back.
How Many Calories Are In A Protein Shake
How many calories are in a protein shake? A regular serving of protein powder is 30 grams. One scoop of protein powder contains 121 calories in energy.
If your goal is to lose weight, you should aim for protein shakes with calories under 200 grams per serving.
How many calories are in a protein shake depends on the ingredients contained within the powder. If youre monitoring your calorie intake, its important to understand the recommended calorie intake for your fitness goal, whether it be to lose weight or gain muscle mass. The average woman needs about 2,000 calories a day, varying for weight, age, metabolism and physical activity.
If you are mixing your protein powder with milk, you should also be aware of the calories in different types of milk. 1 cup of whole milk contains 148 calories, 2% milk contains 124 calories,1% milk has 42 calories and non-fat milk has 83 calories. If youre trying to lower your calorie intake, you might want to use water as an alternative to milk, so that the calorie count only comes from the protein powder.
Regular exercise and weight training require a higher calorie intake, which you can get from other sources in addition to your protein shake.
Also Check: Can You Lose Weight Only Drinking Protein Shakes
Keto Friendly Grading Factors:
Net Carbs per Serving: How many carbs are in this thing?
Net Carbs per 100 calories: Since serving sizes often vary significantly, a net carb per 100 calorie ratio is a more consistent measure of keto-friendliness than net carbs per serving. Lower ratios are also an indicator of higher fat content because fat has more calories per gram than protein and carbohydrates.
Sugar: Sugars have a higher glycemic index and larger negative impact on ketosis than other carbohydrates.
Hidden Carbs: Hidden carbohydrates are based on the caloric values and glycemic indexes of ingredients sometimes classified as fibers or sugar alcohols.
Easy to Overeat: Some foods are easy to over-eat and require extra willpower to limit overeating which is an important factor to consider.
Nutritional Density: Foods that are relatively high in net carbs per 100 calories but are high in nutrition per calorie can still be worth eating like broccoli and cauliflower.
RULE of thumb for net carbs per 100 calorie ratio:0-1 great, 1-2 ok, 2-3 caution, 3+ red alert
How Many Calories Are In A Premier Protein Bar
. Beside this, is Premier Protein Bar good for you?
It’s tolerable, but the other two flavors are much better. The nutritional value of all three are great! Low-sugar, low carbs, and very high in protein. The nutritional value in these bars are worth the purchase.
Subsequently, question is, what bars have the most protein? You make the call.
- RXBAR Whole Food Protein Bars.
- Kashi Go Protein Bars.
- Detour Simple Whey Protein Bars.
- CLIF BUILDER’S Protein Bars.
- High Protein Bars by thinkThin.
- ONE Protein Bars.
- LUNA BAR Lemon Zest Protein Bar. This bar tastes delicious, has nine grams of sugar, and three grams of fiber.
In this manner, how many calories are in a premier protein shake?
Does Premier protein have caffeine?
New Café Latte 30g Protein Shake, Caffeine = 1 cup of coffee for energy to start your day. Each shake contains 30g of protein with all the essential amino acids, 160 calories, 1g sugar, low fat, 24 vitamins and minerals, 4g carbs.
You May Like: Shakeology Vs Protein Shake
Types Of One Protein Bars
The One brand manufactures two types of protein bars: original One Protein and the newer One Plant bars. Its helpful to compare them to decide which one is best for your lifestyle.
- Original One bars derive their protein from milk protein and whey protein isolate. One Plant bars, on the other hand, contain a mix of pea, rice and almond protein.
- Original One bars are available in an ever-growing number of flavors, whereas One Plant bars are only made in five flavors.
- Original one bars have 21 grams of protein with up to 230 calories, but One Plant bars come in at 12 grams of protein and around 170 calories.
Who Should Buy Vega Protein Bars
- Athletes who want a bar with a higher protein content will love that these bars have 20 grams of protein per bar.
- If you like your protein to come from a variety of sources, these bars have pea protein, brown rice protein, and protein from nuts.
- Plant-based eaters who want a vegan protein bar will appreciate these.
Also Check: Can Lack Of Protein Cause Headaches
Who Should Buy Promix Puff Bars
- If youre looking to maintain your protein intake while losing weight, youll be thrilled that these bars have 15 grams of protein but only 150 calories and four grams of sugar.
- People who need to avoid gluten or soy will love that these bars have neither of those ingredients instead, whey protein isolate steps in as the first ingredient.
- Athletes who need to avoid artificial sweeteners will appreciate that these bars only have four grams of sugar, none of which are from artificially sweetened sources.
Try These Bars To Help Tide You Over Curb Your Appetite Or Potentially Build Muscle
A lot has changed over the years, including the quality and variety of protein bars. Long gone are the days when youd chomp down expecting a chalky texture full of artificial flavors and sugars. Now, there are brands serving up delicious bars loaded with muscle-building protein and great flavor. There are protein bars that taste like candy. There are protein bars free of meat products entirely. There are even protein bars made of meat.
Whether youre looking to munch on something healthier, fuel a tough workout, or recover from one theres a bar for you. Check out our list of the best protein bars for different goals like muscle gain, taste, low-carb, and vegans below.
One Protein Bar Review: Is It The One
April 26, 2021
This One Protein Bar review is for those who continue to look for the perfect bar.
The one perhaps?
But I couldnt resist doing one more review.
Check out that copy on the box that I ordered from Amazon. Youve found the one. I certainly hope so because I have been looking for years.
These bars are advertised as an anytime dessert-level protein bar.
Dessert level. Let that sink in.
These are the popular flavors – maple gazed doughnut, almond bliss, birthday cake, and peanut butter pie.
As a fan of dessert, I was truly skeptical that a bar in a plastic wrapper that advertises 20 grams of protein and 1 gram of sugar could come close to actual dessert.
If someone handed me a One birthday cake bar and said, Happy birthday, here is your cake! – I might get really upset.
But, I know there are so many people trying to stay away from actual doughnuts and cake so these could be a good choice.
Lets take a look at the One Peanut Butter Pie bar.
Ingredients for One Peanut Butter Pie Bar:
Protein Blend , Vegetable Glycerin, Polydextrose, Soluble Vegetable Fiber, Maltitol, Palm Kernel Oil, Isomalto-Oligosaccharides , Peanut Butter, Peanuts, Peanut Flour, Natural Flavors, Soy Lecithin , Sea Salt, Whey Protein Concentrate, Tapioca Starch, Almond Butter, Sucralose and Calcium Carbonate.
Nutrition facts for One Peanut Butter Pie Bar:
Who Shouldnt Buy Extend Bar Blood Sugar Control Protein Bars
- People who want a higher calorie content in their protein bar should know that these bars only contain between 130 and 160 calories.
- Athletes who want a higher protein content can get higher protein content from other products, as these range from nine to 12 grams of protein per bar.
If youre trying to avoid a sugar high and then crash, Extend Bars might be able to help with their slow-release carbs and no added sugars. Theyre especially ideal for people with diabetes who are constantly watching their blood sugar levels.
You May Like: What Milk Has The Most Protein
Who Shouldnt Buy Vega Protein Bars
- Meat-eaters who prefer whey protein or animal protein might want to choose a different bar.
- When youre looking for a wide variety of flavors, only choosing between Salted Caramel and Chocolate Peanut Butter might not be your vibe.
- If you want a lower calorie and lower sugar bar, you should know that these contain 290 calories and 16 grams of sugar.
These vegan bars are good for plant-based eaters or anyone really who can benefit from a well-balanced macro profile.
Are Pure Protein Bars Healthy
“Healthy” is different for everyone. What works for a highly active individual may not be ideal for someone more sedentary. With that in mind, Pure Protein bars do have some attributes we traditionally think of as being healthy:
- good protein
- low sugar
- broad variety of vitamins and minerals
While these are positive characteristics in the bars, there are some components to be mindful of.
Sugar alcohol, like malitol, and the artificial sweetener Sucralose are used in all of these bars. This is how manufacturers are able to make a sweet-tasting bar without the sugar and associated calories.
While this may seem positive, sugar alcohols, in particular, are known to cause digestive upset and symptoms like bloating and gas . Not everyone may experience this when consuming products containing sugar alcohols, but it is worth noting for the population who may notice this digestive discomfort.
Overall, this is a good bar option for those who are not sensitive to dairy, soy and/or sugar alcohols. I always encourage whole food whenever possible however, you can certainly use protein bars as part of a healthy, well-rounded diet.
Recommended Reading: Premier Protein Sugar
Protein And Your Fitness Goals
Ask any bodybuilder or gym rat: nowhere does protein get as much as hype as in the world of fitness.
Though no ones disputes that protein is needed as a part of any healthy dietwhether youre an Olympic athlete or a yogi, or your main form of exercise is chasing around your kiddos, its true that protein is especially important and may be needed in larger quantities if youre an athlete looking to bulk up or transform your physique.
When we put our bodies through a rigorous workout such as a weight lifting session or spin class, our muscles undergo stress, which actually creates tons of micro-tears and rips in the muscle tissue itself. If youve ever felt sore the day after a workout, youre literally feeling the tears that occurred to your muscle fiber. As soon as we leave the gym or spin class, our muscles begin the process of rebuilding, and thats where protein comes into play.
Without enough protein in your bar or snack, the body doesnt have what it needs to rebuild. You can think of working out but falling to eat balanced meals, ones including protein, as the equivalent of trying to run a car on an empty tank of gas.